In this post, we will discuss how to resolve an issue which comes while trying to Save Site as Template in SharePoint 2016. Recently when I was trying to save the site a template I got the below error:
Sorry, something went wrong.
Sorry, this site can’t be saved as a template. It contains apps that don’t work in templates: <App name>
The error was coming while trying to Save site as a template in SharePoint 2013/2016, because there were two SharePoint hosted add-ins or apps are deployed to the SharePoint site. This issue actually comes when you have apps, that can not be saved as a part of the site template.
For a workaround, you can remove the apps or add-in from the site collection and then save the site as a template.
Once you have Saved the template, after that you can re-add the apps to the site in SharePoint 2013/2016.
You may like following SharePoint site tutorials:
- Activate Group Work Site Template in SharePoint 2013
- Site definition vs Site template in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Identify Site Template Id used in SharePoint 2010 site
- New Page option not appearing under Site Actions menu for sites created using Blank Site Template in SharePoint 2010
- How to find which template is used for a site in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Enable Save Site as Template option in Publishing Site in SharePoint Online using PowerShell
- Save site as template SharePoint online missing solution
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains how to resolve Sorry this site can not be saved as a template. It contains apps that do not work in templates error in SharePoint 2013/2016.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: