This SharePoint workflow tutorial, we will discuss Sorry something went wrong while adding a three-state workflow to a SharePoint Online list or document library.
Sorry something went wrong – SharePoint Workflow Error
Recently I was trying to add a three-state workflow to a SharePoint Online list, when click on Add, it gave an error Sorry something went wrong like below:
If you are new to three-state workflow, read a tutorial on Three State Workflow in SharePoint with Example.
From the List Settings page I was trying to create the workflow like below:
Sorry something went wrong three-state workflow
The error was coming because there was some issues in the Office 365 tenant. I checked from the Office 365 admin center.
Login to Office 365 tenant and go to Office 365 admin center. In the Admin center, go to Service Health, There I saw one Advisories section and the message was like “Unable to edit existing workflows or create new workflows” like below:
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint designer workflow examples Create workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 video tutorial
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- How to send email in visual studio 2015 workflow in SharePoint hosted add-in in SharePoint online?
- How to call web API from visual studio 2015 workflow httpsend activity in SharePoint online?
- Step by step develop workflows using visual studio 2015 as an add-in and deploy to host web in SharePoint online
- Business Process Automation through SharePoint
Once the issue got resolved, we can create workflows in SharePoint Online site.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com