This SharePoint workflow tutorial, we will discuss Sorry something went wrong while adding a three-state workflow to a SharePoint Online list or document library.
Sorry something went wrong – SharePoint Workflow Error
Recently I was trying to add a three-state workflow to a SharePoint Online list, when click on Add, it gave an error Sorry something went wrong like below:
If you are new to three-state workflow, read a tutorial on Three State Workflow in SharePoint with Example.
From the List Settings page I was trying to create the workflow like below:
Sorry something went wrong three-state workflow
The error was coming because there was some issues in the Office 365 tenant. I checked from the Office 365 admin center.
Login to Office 365 tenant and go to Office 365 admin center. In the Admin center, go to Service Health, There I saw one Advisories section and the message was like “Unable to edit existing workflows or create new workflows” like below:
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- [Video Tutorial] Deploy SharePoint Designer Workflow into Production in SharePoint Online/2013
- SharePoint designer workflow examples Create workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 video tutorial
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- Impersonation step missing in SharePoint 2013 Workflow
- How to send email in visual studio 2015 workflow in SharePoint hosted add-in in SharePoint online?
- How to retrieve workflow id by using jsom in SharePoint online?
- Packaging and Deploying in SharePoint 2013 designer workflow
- How to call web API from visual studio 2015 workflow httpsend activity in SharePoint online?
- Step by step develop workflows using visual studio 2015 as an add-in and deploy to host web in SharePoint online
- Business Process Automation through SharePoint
Once the issue got resolved, we can create workflows in SharePoint Online site.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.