This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to fix web part maintenance errors which we sometimes get while opening a SharePoint site or a page. Recently we face this kind of issue in 3/4 pages in our SharePoint 2013 site.
We got the below error while opening the page.
sorry something went wrong web parts maintenance page
Sorry, something went wrong
An unexpected error has occurred.
Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: d109659d-8246-40a9-44f3-a031299aa680
There might be some issues with any of the web parts on the page. So for a quick fix, open the page like below:
When you add ?contents=1 to the URL, it will display all web parts on the page.
Just select the error or corrupted web part and click on close or delete like below:
After this, the page should open correctly. Basically we need to remove the corrupted web part from the page.
You may like following SharePoint web part tutorials:
- Create a custom Team web part in SharePoint using server object model and bootstrap
- RSS Viewer Web Part in SharePoint
- Site Feed web part in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Display tfs work items in GridView using SharePoint Visual Web Part
- SharePoint employee of the month web part using the client-side object model and bootstrap
- Create custom announcement web part using Rest API in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Add closed web parts on a page in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Create and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint Online
- Enable Chart Web Part in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Add a web part to a page in SharePoint Online/2010/2013/2016
This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to solve error If you have permission you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.