This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how we can resolve the master page issue which comes while opening a SharePoint 2013 site. Recently when I opened a SharePoint 2013 migrated site, on one page it gave me an error which says: Sorry something went wrong the file masterurl SharePoint 2013.
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
Sorry, something went wrong
The file ‘~masterurl/custom.master’ is not a valid master page.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: 24db529d-8ef0-a03f-6251-c229a22d7428
Date and Time: 1/7/2016 1:57:58 AM
Open your SharePoint 2013 page using SharePoint 2013 designer. Then you will be able to see a tag like below:
<%@ Page language=”C#” MasterPageFile=”~masterurl/custom.master”
Now here change custom.master to default.master in the MasterPageFile tag.
<%@ Page language=”C#” MasterPageFile=”~masterurl/default.master”
It should look like below:
Now Save and Publish the page and then refresh the page, the error Sorry something went wrong the file masterurl should not come.
You may like following SharePoint 2013 master page tutorial:
- Create a custom master page using Design Manager in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Convert an HTML page into SharePoint master page using Design manager in SharePoint serve 2013
- SharePoint Online Step by Step Tutorial on how to create a new custom master page by using an existing master page
- SharePoint 2013 Create a custom master page using Visual Studio 2013
- Steps to create a master page using design manager in SharePoint 2013
- Create a responsive mobile master page using SharePoint 2013 designer
Hope this will be helpful to resolve error Sorry something went wrong the file masterurl SharePoint 2013.
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)