Here I explaining about site feed web part in SharePoint by using SharePoint out of box feature web part. We will see here how to use the site feed web part in SharePoint online/2013/2016.
Also, we will see how to solve Site Feed Web Part missing issue in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
Site feed is an out of box web part in SharePoint which is available inside the Web part gallery. By using the site feed web part, we can use site feeds.
In this section, we will see how we can resolve the SharePoint site feed web part missing issue.
Suppose you are not able to find Site Feed web part inside web part gallery then you have to activate the “Site Feed” feature in site collection level in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
Turn on Site feed in SharePoint
You just have to go into your SharePoint site settings > site features and activate the “Site Feed” feature.
Now, we will see how we can add site feed web part in SharePoint web part page.
Step-1: Insert the Site Feed Web Part on into the page you would like the feature to be added to by clicking the Add a Web Part link.
Step-2: Navigate to the site Feed Web Part by choosing social collaboration > Site Feed. Click “Add” and this will add it to the page.
Step-3: Next, You can start your conversation here or you can tag to other person or you can share photos.
Step-4: In this board, when you start typing text, you’ll get helpful hints of the various Keywords already available by means of other user contributions and pre-populated keywords from administrators of the Managed Metadata. What’s even more impressive is you can not only leverage Keywords from traditional tags but also #tags:
Step-5: if you are tagged to some other person, then that person will get an email as alert.
Another user can able reply to your post once that user logged in into the site. Though site feed sounds like a great app to use, it is currently being phased out by Microsoft.
Site feed is now replaced by Yammer – another social networking application built into Office 365.
I will post my another article which is related to Yammer functionality in SharePoint online.
You may like following SharePoint web part tutorials:
- Display TFS work items in GridView using SharePoint Visual Web Part
- SharePoint employee of the month web part using the client-side object model and bootstrap
- Create custom announcement web part using Rest API in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Create SharePoint Quote of the day web part using Rest API and Bootstrap
- Promoted links web part in SharePoint online
- Enable Chart Web Part in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online
- Content Search web part in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Online search result web part display documents created or modified by the current user
- SharePoint Online Refinement Web Part
- Content query web part SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to learn site feed web part SharePoint 2013/2016/Online. Also, we saw how to solve SharePoint 2013 site feed web part missing error in SharePoint.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).