Are you trying to find out the SharePoint site content and structure? But the site content and structure missing in SharePoint Online? In this tutorial, we will discuss everything on, site content and structure in SharePoint.
I will show how to enable content and structure in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint 2019. Solve site content and structure SharePoint 2013 missing issue. Resolve SharePoint online content and structure missing.
The same steps we can also follow in the SharePoint Online sites to enable site and content structure.
SharePoint provides a very useful feature as site content and structure, by using this we can manage the entire site content and structure. Like we can move content, copy sites or subsites, create a list, even we can create subsites under a particular site, etc.
I want to move a few folders and subsites from one location of the site collection to another location in SharePoint 2016. I am not able to see the “Content and structure” option in the site settings to move a folder and site without any 3rd party tool.
You can see below there is not the Content structure is not presented under Site Administration (SharePoint online content and structure missing) like below:
By using Site content and structure we can manage the whole content easily.
Site content and structure will come with “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” feature. Follow the below steps to enable this feature to enable “Content and Structure” in SharePoint 2013 / 2016.
1. Navigate site settings
2. Click on Site Collection features under “Site Collection Administration”
3. Activate “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure”
4. Once you activate this feature you will see this feature as part of site administration features.
5. Once you click on this option you will see as below.
If you are checking this option in SharePoint Online? site content and structure missing sharepoint online. The site content and structure in SharePoint Online is absolute and you will not see this option in the Site Settings of the SharePoint Online site.
From June 2018, Microsoft deprecated the site content and structure feature. However, if you are a site collection administrator, you can access the page from the below URL:
When you open the Content and Structure page, you can see a warning like below:
Microsoft has introduced the Move and Copy feature in SharePoint Online modern experience as an alternative to SharePoint site content and structure. SharePoint file Move and Copy has more features compared to the existing site content and structure.
As a SharePoint site collection administrator, you can access the SharePoint content and structure page from the below URL:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Redirect to a different page after adding new list items in SharePoint
- Change Column Order in List Forms (new/edit/display) in SharePoint
- Hide new item or edit this list in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- SharePoint site types
- How to change SharePoint site collection URL or Address
- How to delete SharePoint site?
- How to make SharePoint site read only?
I hope this helps to solve the SharePoint site content and structure missing issue and how to enable site content and structure in SharePoint 2013/2016. This post will help to fix the below issues:
- site content and structure missing sharepoint online
- content and structure sharepoint online url
- site content and structure sharepoint 2013
- site content and structure sharepoint 2016
- site content and structure SharePoint
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019