This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to resolve SharePoint 2013/2016 sign in as different user missing issue. We will see how can we enable sign in as different user SharePoint 2013/2016.
In the below diagram you can see Sign in as Different User option in SharePoint 2010. But Sign in as Different User option is missing in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Here we will see 2 various options to enable sign in as Different User option in SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016.
- Internet Explorer’s Different User Option
- Navigate to the Close Connection Page
Enable sign in as different user SharePoint 2013 (Internet Explorer’s Different User Option)
We can impersonate the internet explorer as below to login achieve login as a different user.
Right click on Internet Explorer and select “Run as administrator” and key in the different user credentials.
Once the Internet Explorer opens browse to the required SharePoint site. Now you can see the site will be rendered with a different user than the windows logged in user.
Enable sign in as different user SharePoint 2013 (Navigate to the Close Connection Page)
The quickest way to accomplish this is to navigate to the Close Connection page.
Navigate the following sign in as different user SharePoint 2013 URL in your browser:
The above one is the SharePoint 2013 sign in as different user URL.
You may like following SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013/2016 PowerShell Script Examples
- Confirm SharePoint 2013 Web site in use
- Steps to Change SharePoint 2013/2016 List or Document Library using PowerShell or SharePoint Designer 2013 or using Open with Explorer Option
- Migrate files with a folder structure to SharePoint 2013 document library using PowerShell
- Create HTML Reports using PowerShell
- Create Site Collection in SharePoint online using PowerShell
- All about _Layouts and _catalogs files in SharePoint 2013
- Add a Link to web part title in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Cascading dropdown in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online using jQuery
- SharePoint Column Validation Examples
Hope this SharePoint customization tutorial helps to solve SharePoint 2013 sign in as different user missing issue and how can we enable sign in as different user SharePoint 2013/2016.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019