This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to show tree view navigation in SharePoint 2013.
Sometimes default SharePoint 2013 Quick launch is not enough to assist users in navigates to the SharePoint site.
The tree view is an extra navigation option that provides a hierarchical view of all sites, lists, and libraries in the site, including any sites below the current site level, such as the Document Center site template, display tree view navigation by default.
Show tree view navigation SharePoint 2013
Do one of the following settings to enable tree view navigation SharePoint 2013.
On the SharePoint site, click Site Settings
In the Look and Feel column, click Tree view.
Do one of the following:
- To show the tree view, select the Enable Tree View checkbox, and then click OK.
- To hide the tree view, clear the Enable Tree View checkbox, and then click OK
NOTE If you want to display only tree view navigation, clear the Enable Quick Launch checkbox. If both the Quick Launch and tree view navigation are enabled, the tree view navigation will appear underneath the Quick Launch.
Now you can see the Tree view in place of Quick launch.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 Add Quick Launch or left navigation link in Site Using REST API
- SharePoint 2013 Left Navigation or Quick Launch Menu Customization
- Remove Notebook link from quick launch in SharePoint Online
- Hide Recent Items from Quick Launch in SharePoint Online
- Hide quick launch in SharePoint Online
- How to Enable view entries in SharePoint list multiple lines of text columns
- Where is Recycle Bin in SharePoint 2013?
- Disable right click on images or page in Asp.Net using jQuery
I hope this SharePoint tutorial helps you to enable tree view navigation in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.