This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to show total items count in SharePoint 2013 list view. Suppose you want to show item counts then you can do this by using the out of box feature.
Show total count of items in SharePoint 2013 list
You can follow the below steps to show total count of items in SharePoint 2013 list.
Open the SharePoint list in the browser then click on Modify view from the Ribbon as shown in the fig below:
Then in the Modify view page navigate to the Totals section and then select the column name for which you want to count like below:
Then click on OK the count will come like below:
The multiline columns will not appear in the Totals column list in SharePoint and this will count which has value in the columns. So better is to choose the columns which are mandatory from the SharePoint list.
In this example, the title column is a mandatory column and in all the items they have filled the Title so the Count is coming as 3. But if you can see the Age column, in 2 rows the Age is blank and only in one column, the value is there. So the Count is coming as 1. So it is always to show the Count in mandatory columns.
You may like following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- Add JSLink in Task List View in SharePoint Online
- Display TFS work items in GridView using SharePoint Visual Web Part
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- How to display more than 3 views in SharePoint 2013/2016 list or document library
- SharePoint Online: Change SharePoint ListView To Jquery Accordion Using JSLink Client Side Rendering
- SharePoint 2013 jslink list view examples: Add header and footer to list view web part using JSLink in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Customize list view using jslink in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- SharePoint Online Gantt Chart View for Task List
- Change width of list view column in SharePoint 2013 using SharePoint designer 2013
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to dispaly the total count of items in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online list.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.