This SharePoint search tutorial, we will see, how to display list data in Slideshow view using the SharePoint content search web part. The same way we can use the content search web part to display data in slideshow view in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
Display list data in Slideshow view using SharePoint content search web part
Follow below steps, First create a web part page in SharePoint site. Then click on Add a web part link to add a web part on the page. Then from the Categories select Content Rollup and then select the Content Search web part. After this it should like below:
Then Edit the web part and in the Properties dialog box click on Change query as shown in the fig below:
Now in the Build, your query dialog box does the following things:
In Select a query, select “Document (System)”.
In the Restrict by app, select “Specify a URL”. And then in the textbox put the URL as shown in the fig below:
After this click on the “Switch to Advanced Mode” link in the same dialog box.
Here in the Query Text delete everything FileExtension:. Delete everything selected in the below image as shown in the fig below:
Now in the Query text should look like below:
Now in the properties dialog box Number of items to show to 5, so that 5 items will be displayed. And then in the Display Templates, select Slideshow as shown in the fig below.
Now click on OK and Save the page as shown in the fig below.
You may like following SharePoint search tutorials:
- Create and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint Online
- jQuery News Ticker using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- JQuery accordion using content search web part in SharePoint server 2013
- Bind SharePoint list data using jQuery datatable using content search web part in SharePoint
- JQuery Tabs using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- Create a simple bootstrap navigation menu using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 content search web part vs content query web part
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Content Search WebPart with Query String
- Create Content Sources for search in SharePoint 2013
- Search content from specific list or document library in SharePoint
Here we learned how to display list data in Slideshow view using the SharePoint content search web part.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.