This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains how to Show and Hide Ribbon in SharePoint Online/2013/2016. By using out of box feature we can show or hide ribbon in SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
We can do the simple settings after which Ribbon will not come by default and user can show and hide ribbon from the Setting icon (right side top) easily in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
As you can see there is not Show Ribbon or Hide ribbon in the Settings option in SharePoint 2013. See the fig below.
Now open your SharePoint 2013 site, click on Settings then Site settings. Then in the Site Settings page click on Navigation under Look and Feel.
Then in the Navigation Settings page.
Go down to “Show and Hide Ribbon” section and select Yes in “Make “Show Ribbon” and “Hide Ribbon” commands available”. The click on OK. see fig below:
Now if you will look at the settings icon. You will see Show or Hide ribbon option settings option. Below is the screen which shows Show Ribbon like below:
Also, you can see how Hide Ribbon looks like in Settings icon in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
Here if you will use Show Ribbon then Ribbon will be displayed and if you choose Hide Ribbon, Ribbon will be hidden in the page in SharePoint.
You may like following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- Create a PowerApps App from PowerApps template
- SharePoint Online Office 365 enable or disable user account
- Setup and Manage Access Request Settings in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Change SharePoint Online/2013/2016 List Column Order
- How to reset to out of box list forms from Nintex Forms customization in SharePoint Online
- Hide Site Settings Gear icon for users other than owners in SharePoint 2013/2016
- SharePoint 2013 Add Recycle Bin link in a quick launch
- SharePoint 2013 Create and Customize Custom Left or Quick launch Navigation
Hope this will be helpful to you to show/hide ribbon in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com