In this post we will discuss how to show all sub-site in my root site page.
Also you can check out:
– Creating Global List/Library Web Parts in SharePoint Server 2010
– Delete a file from document library using SharePoint 2010 object model
– Deploy infopath form using PowerShell or STSADM command
For this follow these steps:
1. Open the site in SharePoint Designer 2010.
2. Go to the Data Sources on Ribbon and click on the SOAP Service Connection. See in fig
3. Add the link to your site in the field “Service description location” and add the part :
_vti_bin/Webs.asmx?WSDL this will give you link like this
4. Now click on the “Connect now” button: SPD automatically adds the select statement, the WebSoap port and GetWebCollection. See in fig
5. Click OK.
6. Now you go to the page where you want to add the list in SharePoint designer.
7. On the insert tab, add a Data view with the SOAP service connection. See in fig
8. Now you save the page and open it in your browser, you will see a list of subsites. See in fig