SharePoint Workflow Initiation Form template missing in Visual Studio
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to fix the SharePoint Workflow Initiation Form template missing in the Visual Studio issue.
Recently we were working on developing a workflow using visual studio 2015 for SharePoint online site as a SharePoint hosted add-in. In that workflow, we wanted to add some initiation parameters for one of our workflow requirements.
In SharePoint 2013 designer workflow, we can implement following an article on SharePoint Online Site Workflow and Initiation Form Parameters example using SharePoint designer workflow.
Then in the visual studio 2015, Right-click on the Project and click on Add -> New Item…
But in the Add New Item dialog box, we were not able to see the “Workflow Association Form” or “Workflow Initiation Form” project templates like below:
Actually to add the “Workflow Association Form” or “Workflow Initiation Form”, we need to right-click on the Workflow, not in the project like below:
After this if you will check in the Add New Item dialog box, you will be able to see the “Workflow Association Form” or “Workflow Initiation Form” templates like below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Difference between designer workflow and visual studio workflows
- SharePoint online visual studio workflow issue The ExpressionTranslationBuildTask task failed unexpectedly
- SharePoint Approved and Rejected buttons not appearing in task form in Visual Studio 2015 workflow
- Cannot cast LValue expression to type Microsoft.Activities.DynamicValue error in visual studio 2015 workflow
- SharePoint Hosted Add-in: Send Email using visual studio workflow
- SharePoint online visual studio 2015 workflow variable not available in various scopes
- Invalid text value. A text field contains invalid data error in visual studio 2015 workflow in SharePoint online
- Create Workflow Activity using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- Create a Sequential workflow using visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- The field of type taxonomyfieldtype cannot be used in the query filter expression in SharePoint Online visual studio workflow
This tutorial, we learned how to solve an error SharePoint Workflow Initiation Form template missing in Visual Studio.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.