In this SharePoint 2013 tutorial, we will see, how to update the farm account credentials in SharePoint 2013 using the Stsadm tool.
Recently I changed the system password and then I change the password in the application pool accounts, but I forget to update then farm account credentials.
So when I tried to create a web application in SharePoint, then it gave me an error like below:
Sorry, something went wrong
The password supplied with the username Domain\Administrator was not correct. Verify that it was entered correctly and try again.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: 1f854e9d-2303-70c8-65fd-3363d6b22fea
Date and Time: 12/25/2015 4:08:55 AM
Update Farm Account Credentials in SharePoint
We can change or update the farm account credentials in SharePoint 2013 by using STSADM.
Open your command prompt and then go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\Bin folder
And then type below command and enter.
stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin EnjoySharePoint\Administrator -password [email protected]
It looks like below.
SharePoint 2013 change farm account password PowerShell
Now, we will see how to change the farm account password in PowerShell in SharePoint 2013.
$username="EnjoySharePoint\Administrator" $newpassword=ConvertTo-SecureString -String "MyNewPassword" -AsPlainText -Force Set-SPManagedAccount -Identity $username -ExistingPassword $newpassword -UseExistingPassword:$true
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to disable/enable alert for a list or library in SharePoint
- SharePoint Provisioning did not succeed. Details: The site template was not provisioned successfully
- 3 Different ways to Change Site Collection URL in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
- SharePoint 2019 psconfig upgrade freezed at task2
- SharePoint 2013 farm solution stuck retracting
- Unable to Upload Large Files to SharePoint 2013
- All about Publishing Infrastructure Feature in SharePoint
- User profile synchronization service stuck on starting SharePoint
This is how to change the farm account credentials in SharePoint 2010 using STSADM as well as we saw how to change the farm account password using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com