This SharePoint 2010 tutorial explains how to resolve one IE 7 issue while downloading files in SharePoint 2010.
Whenever a user is trying to download a file from SharePoint site its Spaces gets replaced with the special character underscore (-).
A user had a long file name with spaces and when he downloads the file. The spaces get replaced with underscore _. For example filename “Amardeep SharePoint Public.ppt” will be replaced with “Amardeep_SharePoint_Public.ppt”.
– Tried every possible solution to check on this issue such as uploading multiple files with different extensions.
– Tried files with short names and long names.
– Tried repairing the office package.
– It was showing issue on most of the machines, however on the machine where we had IE 8 and above this working as expected.
– It was more of an issue with the machine where we have IE 7 and was not upgraded yet.
– If this is the case then there should be a justification, some publication available from Microsoft.
– Showing some more curiosity had led me to the resolution of the issue.
There was hotfix released by Microsoft and it’s a known issue with IE7 only.
Link to obtain Hotfix is: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952730
You can also have your IE upgraded to next version to have this issue resolved.
Applies to: IE 7, SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: