This SharePoint 2010 tutorial explains how to resolve one IE 7 issue while downloading files in SharePoint 2010.
Whenever a user is trying to download a file from SharePoint site its Spaces gets replaced with the special character underscore (-).
A user had a long file name with spaces and when he downloads the file. The spaces get replaced with underscore _. For example filename “Amardeep SharePoint Public.ppt” will be replaced with “Amardeep_SharePoint_Public.ppt”.
– Tried every possible solution to check on this issue such as uploading multiple files with different extensions.
– Tried files with short names and long names.
– Tried repairing the office package.
– It was showing issue on most of the machines, however on the machine where we had IE 8 and above this working as expected.
– It was more of an issue with the machine where we have IE 7 and was not upgraded yet.
– If this is the case then there should be a justification, some publication available from Microsoft.
– Showing some more curiosity had led me to the resolution of the issue.
There was hotfix released by Microsoft and it’s a known issue with IE7 only.
Link to obtain Hotfix is: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952730
You can also have your IE upgraded to next version to have this issue resolved.
Applies to: IE 7, SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: