In this SharePoint tutorial, let us discuss on SharePoint site assets library, how to enable site assets library in SharePoint site, and SharePoint style library vs site assets.
SharePoint Tutorial Contents
The SharePoint site assets library use to store all necessary contents and files (like logo, notebook, MS project file, etc.) for a SharePoint site to function properly. It is recommended to keep the site logo, files. images, etc in the Site assets library for consistency use.
When you create a new SharePoint site and you add web parts to the new site to manage contents, you probably come across a site assets library on every single SharePoint site.
SharePoint site assets library by default present in team sites but not in Communication sites. Below the image, you can see site assets in Site contents in your SharePoint Team Site.
Here we will learn to enable site assets library in SharePoint site (SharePoint communication site).
- Open your SharePoint Communication site.
- Navigate to site content.
- Click on Site Setting
- Under Site Actions, click on Manage site features.
- Select Active button to Activate the Wiki Page Home Page
- Now you can see the Site assets library inside Site content of SharePoint site.
Here we will discuss the difference between SharePoint site assets and style library.
Style Library in SharePoint site
- SharePoint style library is like a regular document library, that is used to store the CSS file, XSL (extensible style sheet), and basic images.
- SharePoint style library is created as part of the publishing feature.
- It is available both on the SharePoint team site and the communication site.
Site assets in SharePoint site
- SharePoint site assets library is also a regular document library, that is used to store logo, notebook, MS Project file, etc.
- When we create or edit Wiki Page to insert/upload image, videos, and files it get store into the Site assert page.
- It is available on the SharePoint team site.
You may like the following SharePoint tutorials:
- Customize Header, Footer, and Navigation in SharePoint Online Communication Site
- How to allow anonymous read access to a SharePoint site?
- SharePoint hub site
- SharePoint site types
- SharePoint Online mega menu and Site Customizations
In this tutorial we learned, What is SharePoint site assets library, how to enable site assets in SharePoint site, and also discuss the Style library vs Site assets in SharePoint.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com