Today Microsoft announced the availability of SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview and also the availability of new cloud hybrid search preview for SharePoint Server 2013 and SharePoint 2016.
SharePoint Server 2016 Preview is available to download in this link and the supported operating system are:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server Technical Preview 2
What’s new in SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview?
There are lots of new features coming in SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview.
– Performance has been improved in SharePoint 2016 compared to previous versions. For developers, it offers an opportunity to build for cloud or on-premises.
– SharePoint Server 2016 has been designed to reduce the emphasis on IT and streamline administrative tasks, so IT professionals can concentrate on core competencies and mitigate costs. Tasks that may have taken hours to complete in the past have become simple and efficient processes that allow IT to focus less on day-to-day management and more on innovation.
– SharePoint Server 2016 provides the latest technologies and standards for mobile push and information synchronization. You can access the information on the go by using your mobile devices.
– You will have a consistent experience across screens, maybe it is by using a browser on the desktop, a mobile device, tablet or slate.
You may also like following SharePoint 2016 tutorials:
– A new feature is known as App Launcher, which provides a new navigation experience where all your apps are easily available from the top navigation bar. You can quickly launch your application, browse sites and access your personal files.
– SharePoint Server 2016 provides new and improved controls to work with document libraries for working with files and content, simplifying the user experience for file creation, sharing, and management.
– In SharePoint 2016 you can now share a site easily, click on the Share button at the top right corner of every page, enter the names of people you want to share with, and press Enter. The people you just shared with will get an email invitation with a link to the site.
Similarly, if you want to check with whom the site is already shared then go to the Settings menu in the top right corner, click Shared with, and you’ll see the names and pictures of people who have access to the site.
– SharePoint Server 2016 now support larger files, you can upload files up to 10GB.
– SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview provides a broad array of features and capabilities designed to make certain that sensitive information remains that way, and to ensure that the right people have access to the right information at the right time.
New In-Place Hold Policy and Document Deletion Centers, which allow you to manage time-based, organization-wide in-place hold policies to preserve items in SharePoint and OneDrive for Business for a fixed period of time, in addition to managing policies that can delete documents after a specified period of time.
New Cloud Hybrid Search Preview:
Cloud hybrid search offers users the ability to seamlessly discover relevant information across on-premises and Office 365 content. With the cloud hybrid search solution, you index all your crawled content, including on-premises content, in your search index in Office 365. When users query your search index in Office 365, they get unified search results from both on-premises and Office 365 cloud services with combined search relevancy ranking.
Here are a few useful links for SharePoint 2016.
– Download SharePoint Server 2016 Preview
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.