This guide shows you how to create a closed environment with an Active Directory on a separate server. With a closed environment depend on connectivity to your company’s AD or on a person managing it (e.g. if you need accounts or changes).
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
This is a series of post of SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2 and SharePoint 2016 RC Single Server Farm Technical Preview Deployment Guide.
SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview provides the first look of overall Product Improvements and Features with its latest release. This Version is not fully armed with the complete set of features and capabilities. As always the final product will be announced with RTM (Released to Manufacture) Version.
Some of the Key benefits of 2016 are:
- Improved Provisioning capabilities
- Mobile and Touch support
- App Launcher
- New and improved Controls
- SharePoint Insights
- Simple and Natural Sharing
- Large File Support
- Compliance Tools
- Cloud Hybrid Search
- Hybrid Scenarios Coverage
New information available for SharePoint 2016 can be classified in 4 categories:
|Installation Scenario||Memory / RAM||Processor||Hard Disk|
|Single Server*||16-24 GB||64-bit, 4 cores||80 GB|
|Farm Server||12-16 GB||64-bit, 4 cores||80 GB|
|Database Server||Refer system requirement for 64-bit version of SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 or SQL|
*There is a built-in SQL Server. You need to install a separate SQL Express/Developer or any other edition even for a development server.
Anyone of Windows Server 2012 R2 | Windows Server 10
- Windows Management Framework 3.0
- Application Server Role
- Web Server (IIS) Role
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (in on Windows Server 10, then Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.6)
- Update for the .NET Framework 4 (KB2898850)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client
- Microsoft Identity Extensions
- Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server AppFabric v1.1 (MS is planning to end AppFabric, but it will be supported for SP 2013 and 2016).
- Windows Identity Foundation v1.1
- Microsoft Information Protection and Control Client
- Microsoft WCF Data Services
Upgrade and Migration
- Upgrade path is from 2013 to 2016
- Upgrade 14.5 mode site t15 mode and then upgrade
- Allow the same database attach upgrade process
- Migrate Content t2016 (using migration APIs or partner tools)
- Windows Identity over SAML claims
- Trying to normalize on OAuth/OpenID standards
- Allow using non-default ports
- Allowing to use STARTTLS connection encryption
Reliability, Performance, and scalability:
- Moving from SharePoint 2013 based job enable/disable to a predefined set of logic executing on a machine (Termed as MinRole Topology)
– New Server Roles in SharePoint 2016
- Special Load – custom service applications, services, third-party components which are outside of MinRole Topology
- Web Front End – services end-user requests. Servers are optimized for low latency
- Search – service application provisioning, indexing service and other search components.
- Application – services backend jobs or requests triggered by backend jobs. Servers are optimized for high throughput
- Distributed Cache – servers distributed cache for the farm.
- Single Server Farm – for development purpose, configure (excluding SQL Server) all services on one server.
– New Service categories in SharePoint 2016
- User Services
- Robot Services
- Caching Services
– Server Role and Health Analyzer
– Patching Updates
- Content DB size up tTB’s (not yet identified the limit)
- 100K sites per site collection
- List view threshold > 5000 items
- Upload file size up t10 GB and removed character restrictions
- Search scaling up t500 M items.
- Use BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) for better file performance
- Create faster site collections at the database level using the standard site template saved as a site.
- Remove feature activation overhead
- Bi-directional sync using external FIM service. Nbuilt in FIM anymore.
- Still require separate Project Server Licensing, but SharePoint and Project Server content database is merged.
- New sharing URLs are resources Id based, thus renaming file, moving file will not break the link already shared.
- daily active users
- Weekly active users
- Usage by browser
- Usage by agent
- Usage by OS
- Storage by site template
- Daily storage
- File type
- Storage breakout
- This showcase the feasibility of bringing same compliance system on-premises which work well in O365 with Azure RMS.
- Discover and preserve with hybrid eDiscovery.
- This unifies the on-premises and cloud data search from one search center.
- This also adds value to Office Graph / Delve extend the presence on on-premises.
- This can also leave search running in the cloud only while indexing from on-premises and online.
- Making easier to maintain and publish sites to the Internet.
- Using O365 Identity federation services.
- Separate the data in either on-premises or in cloud
- Follow sites, documents or people in on-premises and master the information in the cloud.
- Allowing ODF files creation.
- Hybrid deployment automation
- Select the Hybrid configuration required and use the automated and wizard-driven information to setup Hybrid (forget the lengthy procedures and PowerShell scripts to run)
Note: Here we are going for single server farm server
1.3 Hardware Requirements
|Processor||64-bit, four cores (small deployments)
64-bit, eight cores (medium deployments)
|RAM||12 GB (small deployments)
24 GB (medium deployments)
1.4 Software Requirements
In order to deploy SharePoint 2016 beta 2 you need the 64-bit edition of one of the following Operating Systems:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 – Standard
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 SP1
III. Microsoft .net framework 4.5
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)