This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to resolve the error: Provisioning did not succeed. Details: The site template was not provisioned successfully. OriginalException: File or arguments not valid for site template ‘BLANKINTERNET#0’.
Provisioning did not succeed
Now, we will see how to fix error, Provisioning did not succeed or The site template was not provisioned successfully error in SharePoint.
The workaround of the issue is creating an empty site collection using STSADM command next choose the template to create a SharePoint site.
STSADM.EXE -o createsite -url <url-to-site-collection> -ownerlogindomain\user -owneremail <email-address>
STSADM.EXE -o createsite -url http://servername:80/sites/RajSitecollection-ownerloginmydomain\rswain-owneremail [email protected] -sitetemplate CMSPUBLISHING#0
Remember, using the “Blank Site” template does NOT create a completely empty site collection.
The site collection created by the Blank Site template creates some content for the default website.
You can see the difference if you create a site collection using both methods and then inspect the content of the created sites using SharePoint designer 2013.
Then go to http://servername:80/sites/RajSitecollection, it will ask you to choose a site template. After select “Collaboration Portal”, the site is created without error.
You may like following SharePoint site collection tutorials:
- Create Site Collection in SharePoint online using PowerShell
- Create Site Collection PowerShell Script SharePoint 2013 or 2010
- SharePoint 2016 Create a web application and a Site collection using PowerShell
- SharePoint 2013/2016: Get Site Collection or Site Created Date using PowerShell
- Create Host Named Site Collections in SharePoint Online Office 365 using PowerShell
- Create a delayed site collection in SharePoint server 2013
- Create SharePoint Site Collection and Site using Nintex Workflow for Office 365
- Get all Subsites in Site collection programmatically using PnP core CSOM Library in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported in 32-bit process. Please verify that you are running in a 64-bit executable
- Sorry, something went wrong. Sorry, this site can’t be saved as a template. It contains apps that don’t work in templates
I hope this tutorial will help to resolve Provisioning did not succeed. Details: The site template was not provisioned successfully error in SharePoint.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.