This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to resolve the error: Provisioning did not succeed. Details: The site template was not provisioned successfully. OriginalException: File or arguments not valid for site template ‘BLANKINTERNET#0’.
Get SharePoint Online (Office 365 Enterprise E3) Subscription for your Business NOW
Provisioning did not succeed. Details: The site template was not provisioned successfully
The workaround of the issue is creating an empty site collection using STSADM command next choose the template to create a site.
STSADM.EXE -o createsite -url <url-to-site-collection> -ownerlogindomain\user -owneremail <email-address>
Remember, using the “Blank Site” template does NOT create a completely empty site collection. The site collection created by the Blank Site template creates some content for the default website. You can see the difference if you create a site collection using both methods and then inspect the content of the created sites using SharePoint designer 2013.
Then go to http://servername:80/sites/RajSitecollection , it will ask you to choose a site template. After select “Collaboration Portal”, the site is created without error.
You may like following SharePoint site collection tutorials:
- Create Site Collection in SharePoint online using PowerShell
- Create Site Collection PowerShell Script SharePoint 2013 or 2010
- SharePoint 2016 Create a web application and a Site collection using PowerShell
- SharePoint 2013/2016: Get Site Collection or Site Created Date using PowerShell
- Create Host Named Site Collections in SharePoint Online Office 365 using PowerShell
- Create a delayed site collection in SharePoint server 2013
- Create SharePoint Site Collection and Site using Nintex Workflow for Office 365
- Get all Subsites in Site collection programmatically using PnP core CSOM Library in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
Hope this tutorial will help to resolve Provisioning did not succeed. Details: The site template was not provisioned successfully error in SharePoint.