SharePoint online visual studio 2015 workflow variable not available in various scopes
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint workflow tutorial, we will discuss how to solve the visual studio 2015 workflow variables not available in various scopes in SharePoint.
In one of our requirements, we were trying to develop a workflow for SharePoint Online using visual studio 2015.
For that workflow, we have created a few variables which we wanted to use in the various scope of the workflow.
Then we have tried to use the workflow variable in one scope, but when we try to access the variable we could not able to get the variable. The variable was not available.
In the workflow, we can create various sequences which will execute various activities in sequence inside the workflow. While declaring a variable we need to define the scope for the variable, on which sequence it will be available.
In the below example, we have defined one variable as varOwnerEmail and we need to define the scope like below. Then the variable will be available in the particular scope.
You may like following visual studio workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint Hosted Add-in: Send Email to SharePoint group using visual studio workflow
- SharePoint Hosted Add-in: Send Email using visual studio workflow
- The field of type taxonomyfieldtype cannot be used in the query filter expression in SharePoint Online visual studio workflow
- SharePoint online visual studio workflow issue The ExpressionTranslationBuildTask task failed unexpectedly
- Difference between designer workflow and visual studio workflows
- SharePoint Workflow Initiation Form template missing in Visual Studio
- SharePoint Approved and Rejected buttons not appearing in task form in Visual Studio 2015 workflow
- SharePoint online visual studio 2015 workflow variable not available in various scopes
- Invalid text value. A text field contains invalid data error in visual studio 2015 workflow in SharePoint online
- Sorry you do not have access to this page while clicking on SharePoint custom workflow visual studio 2015
This tutorial helps us to know on which scope we should declare variables in visual studio workflow.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)