SharePoint Online modern list properties web part
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint Online modern experience tutorial, we will discuss SharePoint Online modern list properties web part. How to view the selected list items using a modern list properties web part in SharePoint Online.
In my last post, I already explained how to open a selected document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF) in a File Viewer web part in SharePoint modern sites.
The requirement is to open a selected SharePoint Online List item without opening it in a new tab of the browser window and Popup window of the model dialog box.
We can do this by using a SharePoint Online modern list viewer web part.
The below OOB SharePoint modern web parts will be used in this solution.
- List – connect to a SharePoint Online List & select Item
- List properties – This modern web part will connect to a SharePoint Online list or list web part on this page to dynamically display a selected item in the list.
SharePoint online modern list properties web part
Now, we will see how to use list properties modern web part in SharePoint Online to display properties of a SharePoint list item.
Then Edit the page and hover over the canvas where you would like to add layout section. Click on the “+” Sign. Then add New section “Two Column” from the Section layout.
You will see two sections to add web parts in the SharePoint Online page,
Now, in the first column-section1, Click on the “+” sign, Select “List” from the web part toolbox. Select relative List; then the below screen appears.
After the final selection of your selected List, the below screen will appear.
In the second Column-section2, Click on the “+” sign. Select “List properties” from the web part toolbox.
After you select the List properties Viewer Modern Web part, the below screen appears.
Click Edit web part Edit icon on the left side of the List properties web part. Click the ellipses (…) at the top right of the property pane, and then click Connect to the source.
Click Edit web part on the left side of the List properties web part. Click the ellipses (…) at the top right of the property pane, and then click Connect to the source.
Under Connect to source, select the list of First section “EmployeeInformation” List Name to use from the drop-down list.
Under Display, select what you want the user to see on your page. Under Fields to display, select the check boxes next to the columns that you want to show values from. Click Republish at the top of the page.
Once the above things completed, Select any List item from the left side List. The file should be opened in the right-side List properties viewer web part
Without Selected List Item Screen
With Selected List item
You may like following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- How to Change Look and Feel of SharePoint Site
- How to Embed Facebook Page into SharePoint Online Modern Site Page
- Create site page option missing in SharePoint Online modern sites
- SharePoint modern list column formatting examples
- SharePoint 2019 modern Team site template missing while creating sub sites
- Cannot create a site page. please have your administrator enable the required feature on this site error in SharePoint Online
- How to make SharePoint site collection read only and restrict delete?
- How to change logo in SharePoint site using PowerShell
- Hide Browse and Page tab from page using CSS in SharePoint Online
- Show Ribbon for ListViewWebPart on Page SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Does the Future with SharePoint Server or SharePoint Online?
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned, how to view the selected list items using a modern list properties web part in SharePoint Online. We saw here, how to use List and List properties modern web parts in SharePoint Online.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.