In this SharePoint Online modern experience tutorial, we will discuss SharePoint Online modern list properties web part. How to view the selected list items using a modern list properties web part in SharePoint Online.
In my last post, I already explained how to open a selected document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF) in a File Viewer web part in SharePoint modern sites.
The requirement is to open a selected SharePoint Online List item without opening it in a new tab of the browser window and Popup window of the model dialog box.
We can do this by using a SharePoint Online modern list viewer web part.
The below OOB SharePoint modern web parts will be used in this solution.
- List – connect to a SharePoint Online List & select Item
- List properties – This modern web part will connect to a SharePoint Online list or list web part on this page to dynamically display a selected item in the list.
SharePoint online modern list properties web part
Now, we will see how to use list properties modern web part in SharePoint Online to display properties of a SharePoint list item.
Open your SharePoint Online site -> then create a Modern Page in Site Pages.
Then Edit the page and hover over the canvas where you would like to add layout section. Click on the “+” Sign. Then add New section “Two Column” from the Section layout.
You will see two sections to add web parts in the SharePoint Online page,
Now, in the first column-section1, Click on the “+” sign, Select “List” from the web part toolbox. Select relative List; then the below screen appears.
After the final selection of your selected List, the below screen will appear.
In the second Column-section2, Click on the “+” sign. Select “List properties” from the web part toolbox.
After you select the List properties Viewer Modern Web part, the below screen appears.
Click Edit web part Edit icon on the left side of the List properties web part. Click the ellipses (…) at the top right of the property pane, and then click Connect to the source.
Also, read, SharePoint Hero Web Part
Click Edit web part on the left side of the List properties web part. Click the ellipses (…) at the top right of the property pane, and then click Connect to the source.
Under Connect to source, select the list of First section “EmployeeInformation” List Name to use from the drop-down list.
Under Display, select what you want the user to see on your page. Under Fields to display, select the check boxes next to the columns that you want to show values from. Click Republish at the top of the page.
Once the above things are completed, Select any List item from the left side List. The file should be opened in the right-side List properties viewer web part
Without Selected List Item Screen
With Selected List item
You may like the following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- How to Change Look and Feel of SharePoint Site
- How to Embed Facebook Page into SharePoint Online Modern Site Page
- Create site page option missing in SharePoint Online modern sites
- SharePoint modern list column formatting examples
- Cannot create a site page. please have your administrator enable the required feature on this site error in SharePoint Online
- How to change logo in SharePoint site using PowerShell
- Hide Browse and Page tab from page using CSS in SharePoint Online
- Show Ribbon for ListViewWebPart on Page SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Does the Future with SharePoint Server or SharePoint Online?
In this SharePoint tutorial, we learned, how to view the selected list items using a modern list properties web part in SharePoint Online. We saw here, how to use List and List properties modern web parts in SharePoint Online.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Hi, can we customize the Sharepoint list view webpart like in the classic one (with script editor etc)
When I disable editing, it seems that bulk editing is still enabled. If more than one source items are selected, it is still possible to edit in bulk, and in fact does so automatically, deleting any fields that are not common. Any ideas how to stop this?