Here we will discuss SharePoint online InfoPath form user profile limitation and the workaround for it. We had come across an issue with InfoPath form in SharePoint Online which was migrated from SharePoint 2013. InfoPath form in SharePoint Online doesn’t support User Profile Web service data connection.
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
This issue occurs because loopback protection is enabled in the SharePoint Online environment. Loopback protection must be disabled for InfoPath forms to be able to connect to a SharePoint Online web service. This works only when loopback protection is disabled. For security reasons, loopback protection is always enabled in SharePoint Online. This is a known limitation of InfoPath forms in the Office 365 SharePoint Online. Below approach will be used to fix the issue.
Solution [SharePoint online user profile service InfoPath]
We can use the User Information List as Data connection Library to get the required information for any user.
Below Steps needs to be configured in InfoPath Designer 2013.
Open InfoPath form in InfoPath Designer 2013.
Click on Data connections under Data tab.
Click on Add button to create a new connection in InfoPath 2013.
Select the Receive Data option.
Select the Sharepoint Library or List option in SharePoint InfoPath.
Provide SharePoint Online site URL.
Select User Information List and click on Next Button.
Select all the required fields which will be used in InfoPath Form.
Click on Finish to complete the data connection.
You may like following SharePoint InfoPath tutorials below:
- User Information List in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint 2013
- Different Ways to enable User Information List in SharePoint 2013
- Get Profile picture URL from User Information List using SharePoint 2013 server object model
- PowerShell to refine user information in SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016
- An unknown error has occurred. The form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in InfoPath Filler
- SharePoint online InfoPath error The form cannot be submitted to the specified SharePoint document library
- You do not have permissions to access a SharePoint list that contains data required for this form to function correctly
Hope this will be very useful for SharePoint online user profile service InfoPath. We have seen how we can get user profile information from the User Information List.
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)