In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss the SharePoint Online image column. We will see, how to add an image column to a SharePoint list and document library.
In October 2020, Microsoft introduced a new Image column in the SharePoint Online list or library. Using this Image column, users can able to add an image in lists and libraries.
Let us see, how to add an image column to a SharePoint Online list. Follow below steps:
- Open your SharePoint Online list where you want to create an Image column.
- Then click on the +Add column, and go to More…
- It will open the Create column page, provide a name and then select the type of the column as Image type.
- Click OK.
- In the list settings page, you can see, the Image column has a thumbnail type. Thumbnail is used to reduce the size of the image and helps to easily recognize and organizing them.
This is how to create an image column in SharePoint Online list. In the same way, we can create an image column in SharePoint Online library.
- Open your SharePoint list and click on + New.
- A New item page will open, Give the Title of your image.
- In the image field, there is add an image placeholder.
- You can delete or edit that image from the image field.
- Now you can see that it will save as your image name with an extension of .jpg, .jpeg, .png.
- Save It.
After uploading an image to an image column in SharePoint? Are you wondering where the images get stored?
When we add an image to the SharePoint image column in the SharePoint list or library, it will create a folder in the Site Assets library with the name as the List GUID. And keep images in that folder.
If you go to the Site Assets library, you can see, there is a subfolder with the list GUID. There you can see the image.
You may like the following tutorials:
- Display SharePoint list data in jQuery data table using Rest API
- Create Login Page in PowerApps using SharePoint List
- SharePoint custom list example
- SharePoint modern list view customization example
- Create SharePoint list view
- SharePoint list operations using rest api
In this SharePoint tutorial, we learned, SharePoint Online image column, how to create an image column in SharePoint list or library. And also, we learned, Where images stored in SharePoint image column?
After working for more than 15 years in Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI), I thought will share my SharePoint expertise knowledge with the world. Out audiences are from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. For my expertise knowledge and SharePoint tutorials, Microsoft has been awarded a SharePoint MVP(8 times), check out My MVP Profile. I have also worked in companies like HP, TCS, KPIT, etc.