This SharePoint Online search tutorial explains, how we can create a SharePoint search center in SharePoint 2013 online in Office 365. Here we will try to create an Enterprise Search Center site.
Open your SharePoint Online Office 365 site, then go to the Site Contents. In the site content page navigate to the below to Subsites section and click on add new subsite link as shown in the fig below:
This will open the New SharePoint Site page.
Give a Title, Description and Web site address. Then from the Template selection click on the Enterprise tab and then Select Enterprise Search Center. If you have an enterprise plan then this option will be available. Then click on Create as shown in the fig below:
If in your site collection “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” feature is not activated, then it will give an error like below:
The SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature must be activated at the site collection level before the Publishing feature can be activated.
To solve this issue: Go to the Site Settings page and from there click on “Site collection features” link under the Site Collection Administration section. In the Site Collection Features page search for “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” feature and activate it.
Once the Search Center site has been created you will be able to see a Search box on the page. In the search box, let’s try to search for something. I am trying with the keyword SharePoint.
In the search results page, you will be able to see the results.
- Now the search results will appear in tabs like Everything, People, Conversations & Videos.
- You can filter the search results based on Result type like Word, Web Pages or Team Site etc.
- You can filter records based on the Author.
- You can also filter the records based on the modified date.
Another beauty of this SharePoint 2013 search is that you can open the items from the search result page as well as you can send someone the search result by clicking on the Send button.
You may like following SharePoint search tutorials:
- Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
- Create a result source and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint online Office 365
- JQuery accordion using content search web part in SharePoint server 2013
- JQuery News Ticker using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- JQuery Tabs using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- Bind SharePoint list data using jQuery datatable using content search web part CSWP in SharePoint server 2013
- Create a simple bootstrap navigation menu using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Content Search WebPart with Query String
Hope this SharePoint search tutorial helps to learn how to create an enterprise search center site in SharePoint Online Office 365.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)