In this post, we will discuss how to create a group in Yammer using “Yammer create group” workflow action in Office 365 SharePoint online. Yammer is a social network for your corporate employees. We can also easily integrate Yammer feeds into SharePoint Online office 365 sites.
Nintex Yammer create group workflow action for Office 365
For this kind of action either you can create a new list workflow or we can create a site workflow.
To create a site workflow, Open your site and then go to the Site Contents page. In the Site Contents page click on the “Nintex workflow for office 365” App. This will open the workflow Gallery page.
If you are new to Nintex Workflow for Office 365, read Step by Step Nintex Workflow tutorial for Office 365 SharePoint Online.
Here click on the Create new workflow button as shown in the fig below:
This will open the Nintex workflow designer page, from the left side search for Yammer and then drag and drop a Yammer create group action in the designer like below:
Before doing any configuration, let us give a name and description for the workflow. Click on the Settings icon in the ribbon which will open the Workflow Settings page.
Give a name, Description, then choose the task list and History list as shown in the fig below:
Now double click on the workflow action which we have added to the designer to configure. In the Yammer Create Group fill the details like below:
- Authorizing user: Here give an account name to create the group in Yammer using Nintex Workflow. The first time an email message will be sent to the email address specified for the authorizing user. The user can click a link to authorize or deny the operation.
- Group name: Give a Group name in the Group Name field. Also, you can take the help of Lookups to give the name.
- Group description: Give a description of the group.
- Set to private: Specify if you want to make a private group or not.
- Creation successful: Here You can define a variable that will hold the return value. It will return Yes if the group created successfully.
- Group URL: It will return the group URL. The form will look like below:
As we have to give variable names to hole for the Creation successful and Group URL value, you can directly create on the variables in the form itself.
You do not need to go to the ribbon option to create a variable. Click on the field which will give the option to CREATE NEW VARIABLE. Click on the link and it will open the WORKFLOW VARIABLES in the right side.
Give a name for the workflow variable and click on Create to create the variable. See fig below:
Once the configuration over. Then add a Log to History workflow action to write some message to the workflow history. So now the workflow should look like below:
Double click on the Log to History action to configure it. Here we will write the Successful message and the group URL. So add the workflow variables into it like below:
Now Publish the workflow and once it published successfully then go to the site contents page. There click on SITE Workflows option as shown in the fig below:
You will be able to see the workflow which we have created, click on the workflow as shown in the fig below:
The first time it will trigger one email like below to the user which we have put in the “Authorizing user” field. The user will have to go to the email and authorize the process. Then the workflow will process further.
Once the user clicks on the authorization link, it will show something like below. The user will have to click on Allow as shown in the fig below to proceed further.
Once the workflow completed, you will be able to see the group created in the Yammer.
You may like following Nintex Workflow for Office 365 tutorials:
- How to use App Step Nintex Workflow Action in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Start a task process workflow action Nintex workflow for office 365 SharePoint Online
- Query List Nintex workflow action for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Assign A Task Action in Nintex Workflow for Office 365 SharePoint online
- Document Approval Workflow in Nintex Workflow for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Nintex Workflow for office 365: Create a user in Office 365 and Add User to SharePoint Group
- Create SharePoint Site Collection and Site using Nintex Workflow for Office 365
- Nintex workflow examples: Copy Document, Translate Document and Web Request Workflow actions in Nintex for Office 365
I hope this Nintex Workflow tutorial helps you to create a Yammer group using Nintex Workflow for Office 365 SharePoint Online.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com