This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to create a SharePoint list view group by month and year. Here we will see how we can use a calculated column to create the SharePoint list view group by month and year.
SharePoint list view group by month year
Here the requirement was to create a list view that will display items based on Year and Month in descending order in SharePoint Online. But the same approach can be followed to create a sharepoint list view group by month in SharePoint 2013/2016/2019 also.
First let us create two calculated columns in the SharePoint document library: one for Year (By Year) and one for Month (By Month).
For Year column, the formula will be:
=TEXT(Created,”yyyy”) and it should like below:
For Month column, the formula will look like below:
=TEXT(Created,”mm”)&” “&TEXT(Created,”mmmm”) and it should be shown like below:
Now create the view and in the SharePoint list view, the Group By condition, provide the two columns which we have created and it should look like below:
Finally, the SharePoint list view looks like below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Show paging at top in list view web part in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online using jQuery
- SharePoint 2016/Online List View Auto Indexing Automatic Index Management
- Customize list view using jslink in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Add header and footer to list view web part using JSLink in SharePoint
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online
- Add JSLink in Task List View in SharePoint Online
- Remove hyperlink from title column in SharePoint 2010/2013/Online list view
- Freeze Header Row in List View or Library on Scrolling using jQuery in SharePoint
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to create a SharePoint list view group by month and year.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.