In this post, I have noted a few important SharePoint interview questions and also provided links to answers to these questions. Below are a few SharePoint Interview Questions:
- What is a farm in SharePoint?
- What is the difference between IIS and the farm?
- What are a file and folder contains after extract the solution file (like .wsp)?
- How we configure form-based authentication in SharePoint?
- What is globally.asmx file?
- Which method do we override for creating the timer job?
- What is the default application pool name of SharePoint?
- What is a pool?
- What is an application pool?
- What is the different type of assembly in asp.net? What is a satellite assembly?
- What is the difference between the visual web part and the web part in SharePoint?
- How many methods do we override for creating the web part using a visual web part?
- What are the types of web parts and the differences between them?
- What is the cross page connection? How can you do cross-page connections using the web part?
- What are the type base classes of the web part?
- Different between the SharePoint web part and asp.net 2.0 web part?
- What is the web part life cycle in SharePoint?
- Which is the best method to initialize the child control of the web part?
- How to create the custom properties of the web part?
- What is the use of personalization and asynchronous in the web part?
- What is the difference between SharePoint hosted apps and provider-hosted apps?
- Why we use SharePoint hosted apps and provider-hosted apps?
- What is the new feature available in SharePoint 2013?
- What is the rest API in SharePoint 2013?
- What is the cross-domain in SharePoint?
- What is the event handler? Which event do we use for delete items prevent an event handler?
- What is the base class for the event handler?
- How many types of event handlers in SharePoint?
- Which event handler class not inherited from EventHandlerBase();
- What is the difference between Foundation and server and enterprise SharePoint?
- If we have 5 items in a document, now I want to show only 3 items to a user. So how will I give permission to the user?
- What is the difference between site collection and subsite? Why we need subsite and site collection?
- How we create a site for multiple languages?
- How many items do we store in a list?
- Different between library and document?
Sql Server interview questions
- What is the DDL command in SQL server?
- What is the cursor give some examples?
- What is a trigger and give some examples?
- What is the procedure give some examples?
- How many types of the trigger is there in SQL server 2008R2?
- How to fetch a third-highest salary of an employee from the employee list?
- Different between the cursor and stored procedure?
- How to configure foreign key relationships between two different database’s table?
Asp.net interview questions
- How many session management available in asp.net?
- What is state management in asp.net?
- What is the difference between application and session state?
- What is the difference between server.transfer and response.redirect?
- What is a custom validator?
Content Type interview questions
- What is the content type in SharePoint?
- What are the different types of content types?
- Web Service Call
- What is a web service call?
- Who do you do web service calls using SharePoint designer and visual studio?
- What is SSS in the web services call?
- What is a strong name?
- Who to generate a strong name?
- Who to register assembly name .aspx page?
You may like following interview questions:
- SharePoint and .Net Interview questions and answers [Tech Mahindra]
- Top 25 SharePoint Online interview questions and answers
- SharePoint Workflow Interview Questions and Answers
This tutorial, we learned few SharePoint interview questions which will be helpful to SharePoint developers and SharePoint administrators.
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.