This SharePoint customization tutorial, we will discuss how to hide the default attach file button from SharePoint list ribbon. By using the out of box approach we can disable the Attach File button from the ribbon in SharePoint list.
The same way we can hide or disable the attach file option in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016. There are two ways of doing this: one from GUI and other from PowerShell. Here we will see how we can do this from the browser (GUI) itself.
SharePoint hide attach file
Open your SharePoint Online list and click on New Item. Verify that attachment is enabled. In the SharePoint list Newform, Editform or Dispform, you can see the Attach File option like below:
From the SharePoint list ribbon, click on List tab and click on List Settings.
Now, Click on Advanced Settings.
Scroll down and look for attachments. Select Disabled and click OK.
Click New item to verify and attachment option is gone from your SharePoint list.
You may like following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- SharePoint modern list column formatting examples
- How to hide Notebook and Site contents from quick launch in SharePoint Online
- Change column ordering in list forms in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- How to enable tree view in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Left Navigation or Quick Launch Customization or Branding using CSS in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- Disable or Hide Sync Button at SharePoint Online Site and Document Libraries Level
- Open html file in a browser in SharePoint 2013/2016
- SharePoint 2013 Add Recycle Bin link in the quick launch
This is the simplest and the out of box way to disable or hide Attach File button from the SharePoint list.
I am a Microsoft Certified IT Professional with 5+ years of Experience on SharePoint Technologies . Working on SharePoint online, SharePoint 2016,SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010 and MOSS 2007 Implementation and administration and deployed several projects.