As well all know that SharePoint Framework (
- Must be the administrator on the laptop/desktop
- NodeJs 8.11.4 version https://nodejs.org/dist/latest-v8.x/
- Any code editor tools like EditPlus, notepad ++, Visual studio code or notepad
- Minimal knowledge in Powershell
Once you get to download all the above-required software install the Node JS first. As soon as we install we need to install the other components like Yeoman and Gulp. Run the below Power Shell command to complete.
Note: NodeJS latest 8.11.4 LTS (Long Term Support) version for sharepoint
Installing Node JS 10.15 LTS
Once you install the NodeJS ensure that you have only one latest version with the below powershell command.
Installing Visual Studio Code Editor
Now that we installed the Node JS and visual studio code editors, open
npm install -g yo gulp
Now that we installed
npm install -g @microsoft/generator-sharepoint
That’s it we are good to start SPFx development.
You may like following SharePoint framework tutorials:
- Tutorial on how to create SPFx webPart with ReactJS for SharePoint 2016 On-Premise environment
- [Solved] [spfx-serve] The api entry could not be loaded: node_modules/@microsoft/sp-webpart-workbench/lib/api/ in SharePoint Framework
- [Solved] cannot find module ‘@microsoft/sp-build-web’ SharePoint Framework (spfx)
- SPFx Application Customizer Example – An Analog Clock with React
- SPFx – Bind dropdown list from SharePoint list using PnP
- How to get user details using Microsoft Graph API in SPFx
- SharePoint online spfx script editor web part
- How to Send Email with Attachments using Graph API in SPFx (React JS)
I hope this SPFx tutorial helps to learn the SharePoint framework (spfx) development environment setup in windows 10 workstation.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019