Setup SharePoint Framework (SPFx) development environment in Windows 10 workstation
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
As well all know that SharePoint Framework (
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
- Must be the administrator on the laptop/desktop
- NodeJs 8.11.4 version https://nodejs.org/dist/latest-v8.x/
- Any code editor tools like EditPlus, notepad ++, Visual studio code or notepad
- Minimal knowledge in Powershell
Once you get to download all the above-required software install the Node JS first. As soon as we install we need to install the other components like Yeoman and Gulp. Run the below Power Shell command to complete.
Note: NodeJS latest 8.11.4 LTS (Long Term Support) version for sharepoint
Installing Node JS 10.15 LTS
Once you install the NodeJS ensure that you have only one latest version with the below powershell command.
Installing Visual Studio Code Editor
Now that we installed the Node JS and visual studio code editors, open
npm install -g yo gulp
Now that we installed
npm install -g @microsoft/generator-sharepoint
That’s it we are good to start SPFx development.
You may like following SharePoint framework tutorials:
- Tutorial on how to create SPFx webPart with ReactJS for SharePoint 2016 On-Premise environment
- [Solved] [spfx-serve] The api entry could not be loaded: node_modules/@microsoft/sp-webpart-workbench/lib/api/ in SharePoint Framework
- [Solved] cannot find module ‘@microsoft/sp-build-web’ SharePoint Framework (spfx)
- SPFx Application Customizer Example – An Analog Clock with React
I hope this SPFx tutorial helps to learn the SharePoint framework (spfx) development environment setup in windows 10 workstation.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.