This SharePoint tutorial, how to implement a cascading dropdown list in the SharePoint list using jQuery and SPServices. In the same way, we can also implement a cascading dropdown list in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016.
SharePoint cascading drop down list
For Implementing Cascading Drop-Down List in SharePoint List using jQuery and SPServices follow the below steps:
First create a country list like below:
Then create a State list with Country as lookup column, the lookup settings will come like below:
Finally the state list should be like below:
Select Default New Form under List tab of newly created List CascadeDropDownList
Add content Editor Web part and Select Edit HTML Source under Format Text Tab
Then Copy and Paste the below Code in HTML Editor
After this it will appear like below:
In some scenario we need to implementing cascading type of concept in OOB forms as for example by selecting Countries respective states or cities. It’s not easier in SharePoint.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Cascading Dropdown in SharePoint List using jQuery
- Asp.Net MVC 5 Cascading DropDown List Using jQuery
- $(document).ready(function() not working SharePoint 2013/2016 list form
- Document properties are clearing out when uploading document to SharePoint 2010 site
- Embed YouTube Videos in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Web Pages
- Another site or list is still using this content type error while deleting content type from SharePoint online site
- SharePoint Online another site or list is still using this content type
- SharePoint content type tutorial
- Build hyperlink inside email in SharePoint 2010 designer workflow
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.