Access Denied on the site collection after migrating from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
We have recently migrated from the Moss 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010 and after migration we have several users complain about that they get access Denied error message on accessing parent site collection despite they are having access on the site.
Error: Access Denied on the site collection level, though they have permissions.
SharePoint access denied after migration
We user to activate a feature in the MOSS 2007 using stsadm -o activatefeature -name “Feature
Name” -url https://siteurl.net/sites/sites, after the site creation to have Branding enabled on it.
After Migration, this feature is automatically activated on the web application level. Hence there is no need to activate it manually to apply standard branding on the newly created site.
- Checked user permission on the group.
- Added the user explicitly to the SharePoint group or individually.
- Removed the user form the site collection and added again.
- Added the user to site collection admin group.
Note: We have seen Master page Gallery on the site collection level is using the unique permissions.
Whereas it has to be inherent from the site collection.
- Added the NT Authority\Authenticated Users to the Master Page Gallery with Read permissions.
- Change the permissions of the site to inherit from the site collection level.
- Add the NT Authority\Authenticated Users to the style library with Read Permissions.
SharePoint 2010. SharePoint Foundation 2010. SharePoint Server 2013
You may like following SharePoint migration tutorials:
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration-Your FAQs Answered
- Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft
- Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft Video Tutorial
- SharePoint 2013 migration issues File not found and 404 not found issue
- SharePoint 2013 Document library checkboxes missing after migration from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2010 to 2013 migration Custom New Folder in Ribbon Disabled
- SharePoint Online Migration: A blessing to all small and medium organizations
- Office 365 SharePoint Easy Migration Part 2
- Approaches for migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- Migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013 challenges tips to know
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains how to solve SharePoint access denied after migration. Access Denied on the site collection after migrating from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.