Issue: After installing KB4461513 in SharePoint 2019, I have tried to run psconfig upgrade but it got frozen at task2 forever and ever
Note:To fix this issue, open two PoweShell command windows with elevated permissions (run as administrator)
In the first PowerShell command window run the below commands to turn off some services:
- net stop SPTraceV4;
- net stop SPWriterV4;
- net stop SPAdminV4;
- net stop SPTimerV4;
- net stop w3svc
As soon you stop these services, run the PowerShell command below in the second PS window.
stsadm -o setproperty -pn command-line-upgrade-running -pv No
PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force
Once this is done start all the above services at task3 of the psconfig upgrade on the first PS Window.
You may like following SharePoint 2019 tutorials:
- Download SharePoint 2019 for Production Use Now
- Check out SharePoint 2013, 2016, 2010 and Moss 2007 End of Support Roadmap, Plan to Migrate to SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2019
- SharePoint Server 2019 Preview Download and New Features
- Microsoft announced SharePoint Server 2019 with Modern team site, pages, lists, libraries, PowerApps, Flow and many more
- SharePoint 2019 modern Team site template missing while creating sub sites
Hope this will help you guys, enjoy your new upgraded SharePoint 2019 !!!
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)