Recently Microsoft released SharePoint 2019 public preview and here we will discuss few SharePoint 2019 new features and what are the features deprecated and removed in SharePoint 2019.
Microsoft has already released SharePoint Server 2019 for production use and you can read below two SharePoint 2019 tutorials:
- SharePoint Server 2019 Download, Install and new features (FREE PDF Download)
- Download SharePoint 2019 for Production Use Now
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
Below are new features of SharePoint 2019.
- Fast Site Creation for support with the following site templates: One Drive personal site, Team site (modern only), Communication site.
- Document library storage file size has been increased from 10 GB to 15 GB.
- SP 2019 Public Preview has modern experience for list and libraries in team sites. It is the same as we have in SP Online.
- Modern Search is supported in SP2019 PP, users can see results as they type.
- Access Service 2013 now supports SendEmail action for sending email messages from apps
- PDF Documents can be rendered on a server and no longer need to rely on a PDF viewer client application.
- SharePoint home page has a modern UI experience which very much similar to SP Online.
- Now, From SharePoint home, we can create a new site under different web applications using self-site creation.
- Self Service site creation on the SharePoint home page now supports AAM zones.
- SP 2019 Public Preview now supports # and % characters in file and folders names.
- In Health Analyzer rules, People Picker health rule has been added.
- SMTP Authentication health rule also added to Health Analyzer.
- File path length limit increased from 260 to 400 characters.
- Access Service 2010 and 2013 are deprecated but will remain supported in SP 2019 Public Preview.
- InfoPath Services is also deprecated from SP 2019 Public Preview.
- Microsoft confirms that no new SP designer will be released and it will be supported till 2026
- Code-Sandbox solutions are removed, users need to explore SP add-ins as an alternative.
- Visio diagrams have 2 options: PNG based and Microsoft Silverlight based. Silverlight will not be supported as of 12th Oct 2021. Visio diagrams will be rendered using PNG based technology.
Deprecated features are features which no longer invested by Microsoft but will continue to support it. These features can be removed in the future with no additional notice.
The removed feature is no longer supported by Microsoft in SharePoint Server 2019 Public Preview. In many cases, the feature is actually removed from the product.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)