SharePoint 2019 modern Team site template missing while creating sub sites
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
Issue: I have configured SharePoint 2019 preview on a Virtual Machine (VM) and started exploring all the new options & features in SharePoint 2013. But, I have noticed that I was not able to see the option to create the team site subsite with Modern site template. So, I have started my R&D since I don’t see any articles about this.
If you are new to SharePoint Online modern experience and SharePoint 2019, then you can follow below SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2019 Download + FREE PDF on SharePoint 2019 Installation Steps Download & New Features
- SharePoint Online modern experience
- SharePoint Online Modern List: Explore 11 New Features
- How to set modern home page in classic SharePoint site in SharePoint Online Office 365?
- Top 13 SharePoint 2019 new features + Deprecated and Removed Features in SharePoint 2019 Public Preview
- SharePoint 2019: The Next Big Thing in Enterprise Collaboration
- Sorry, something went wrong. Sorry, this site can’t be saved as a template. It contains apps that don’t work in templates
Resolution: SharePoint 2019 preview has a limitation that it will not provide an option to create a team site subsite with the modern template. I have recreated the VM with RTM key and now I can see the option to create Team site subsite with modern and classic templates.
Hope this is helpful enjoy development with SharePoint 2019 !!!
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)