SharePoint 2019 modern Team site template missing while creating sub sites
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
Issue: I have configured SharePoint 2019 preview on a Virtual Machine (VM) and started exploring all the new options & features in SharePoint 2013. But, I have noticed that I was not able to see the option to create the team site subsite with Modern site template. So, I have started my R&D since I don’t see any articles about this.
If you are new to SharePoint Online modern experience and SharePoint 2019, then you can follow below SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2019 Download + FREE PDF on SharePoint 2019 Installation Steps Download & New Features
- SharePoint Online modern experience
- SharePoint Online Modern List: Explore 11 New Features
- How to set modern home page in classic SharePoint site in SharePoint Online Office 365?
- Top 13 SharePoint 2019 new features + Deprecated and Removed Features in SharePoint 2019 Public Preview
- SharePoint 2019: The Next Big Thing in Enterprise Collaboration
- Sorry, something went wrong. Sorry, this site can’t be saved as a template. It contains apps that don’t work in templates
Resolution: SharePoint 2019 preview has a limitation that it will not provide an option to create a team site subsite with the modern template. I have recreated the VM with RTM key and now I can see the option to create Team site subsite with modern and classic templates.
Hope this is helpful enjoy development with SharePoint 2019 !!!
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.