This SharePoint 2016 tutorial, we will discuss how to solve SharePoint 2016 installation errors. Below are a few errors that usually come while installing SharePoint 2016.
- The program can not start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
- The username is invalid. The account must be a valid domain account.
- Setup can’t find or validate an installation file
- A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending
Here, we will see how to solve the above SharePoint 2016 installation errors.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
- 1 SharePoint 2016: The program can not start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
- 2 SharePoint 2016: The username is invalid. The account must be a valid domain account
- 3 SharePoint 2016: Setup can’t find or validate an installation file
- 4 SharePoint 2016: A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending
Now, we will see how to resolve the issue The program can not start because API-ms-win-CRT-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing while installing SharePoint 2016 Beta in windows server 2012 R2 machine. This error comes exactly when I run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard. When I start this the error comes as:
the program can’t start because API-ms-win-CRT-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Apart from this also you may receive errors like:
An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException was thrown. Additional exception information: Failed to call GetTypes on assembly Microsoft.Office.translation services, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c. Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.Office.TranslationServices.MachineTranslation.dll’ or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found. Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.Office.TranslationServices.MachineTranslation.dll’ or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
Microsoft.office.server.search.native.dll or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
It looks like below:
The problem is with the Windows update and a few installations. I have followed the below approach to solve the issue.
To run your windows update and while checking for updates (To check update go to Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Update), after checking finished you will see in the optional update section about the update on KB2919355 which is around 900MB.
Update this one first and once everything is properly updated, restart the machine one again.
If you will try to install KB2999226 before installing KB2919355 then you might face an issue like below:
The update is not applicable to your computer.
It should give a successful message.
I hope this will be helpful to resolve the issue The program can not start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing which comes while installing SharePoint 2016.
Recently while I was trying to install SharePoint Server 2016, I got the below error which says: The username is invalid. The account must be a valid domain account.
This error usually comes in the “Run Configuration Wizard“. When you run the wizard, In the Specify Configuration Database Settings screen it will ask you for the Database server, Database name, username, and password. Here the username should be Domain\UserName. Here if you put a username which is not a domain account, then you will face the issue.
For this what you can do is you can run the below PowerShell command in the “SharePoint 2013 Management Shell”. Before this make sure you have closed the Run Configuration Wizard window.
New-SPConfigurationDatabase –DatabaseName SharePoint_Config –DatabaseServer WIN-JC2B1V15KM5 –AdministrationContentDatabaseName SharePoint_Content –Passphrase (ConvertTo-SecureString Password@12345 –AsPlaintext –Force) –FarmCredentials (Get-Credential) -localserverrole SingleServerFarm
The above command will create the Config and Content database in your server.
Now you can run the configuration wizard again. This time in the “Connect to a server farm” screen, choose Connect to an existing server farm instead of Create a new server arm.
I hope it will help you to solve the issue The username is invalid. The account must be a valid domain account that comes while installing SharePoint 2016.
Now, we will see how to resolve the SharePoint Server 2016 installation error while installing SharePoint 2016 on Windows Server 2012 R2 machine. The full error comes as: Setup can’t find or validate an installation file. Please try reinstalling Office from your installation source, or if you installed from a downloaded package, please re-download and reinstall. If you continue to have problems, Please contact Microsoft or your system administrator.
The error looks like below:
The error comes when I was trying to install SharePoint Server 2016 on a new Windows Server 2012 R2 machine. When this error comes, I did not have any Office installed in my machine, so I thought the error is coming for that. So I installed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 SP1. And then restarted my machine and then try again to install SharePoint 2016, but I got the same error again.
Then I thought might be it requires Office 2016, So I downloaded Office 2016 trial version and try to run the SharePoint 2016 setup. But to my surprise, I got the same error again.
I was not sure why it is coming even if I tried after installing Office 2013 and Office 2016.
Then what I did is, I again download SharePoint Server 2016 software in the IE browser (previously I downloaded by using Chrome browser) and then extracted the iso file using WinRAR. And then run the setup it worked fine. I did not get any Office error.
Not sure why it behaves like that but downloading the setup using the IE browser solved the issue.
I hope this SharePoint error will not come Setup cannot find or validate an installation file.
I got this error while trying to install SharePoint Server 2016 on Windows Server R2 machine. I have already run the prerequisite and also it shows a successful message. But when I tried to run the setup file it gave me the below error:
Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):
A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue.
Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup. You can install all the required prerequisites for this product by selecting the ‘Install software prerequisites’ option in the splash screen. see Help for more information.
The error screen looks like below:
What I did is, first I re-run the prerequisiteinstaller.exe (Application file), though it seems it did nothing. But when it shows the prerequisite installation message complete message, I did a system restart.
Then I again run the Setup file and this time it works fine.
I hope this will be helpful to solve the SharePoint 2016 installation error: SharePoint Server 2016 Setup Error A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending.
You may like following SharePoint 2016 tutorials:
- Browsers Supported in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- How to create web application SharePoint 2016?
- Site content and structure missing in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- Configure alternate access mappings SharePoint 2016 step by step
- SharePoint 2016 crud operations using Rest API and jQuery on list or document library
- Configure user profile service application in SharePoint 2016 step by step tutorial
- Send email programmatically in SharePoint 2016/2013
- We’re having a problem opening this location in file explorer SharePoint 2016
- Managed Path in SharePoint 2016/2013
- How to make SharePoint 2016 site read-only?
- Sign in as different user is missing in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Create a timer job in SharePoint 2016/2013 Programmatically
- Content type in SharePoint 2016 tutorial
- Enable anonymous access sharepoint 2016/2013
This tutorial, we learned how to solve various SharePoint 2016 installation errors. Usually, you will get below errors while installing SharePoint 2016.
- The program can not start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.
- The username is invalid. The account must be a valid domain account.
- Setup can’t find or validate an installation file.
- A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)