This SharePoint 2016 tutorial explains, how to resolve error “New-SPConfigurationDatabase some or all identity references could not be translated. Supply values for the following parameters: Credential” which comes when installing SharePoint 2016 on Windows Server R2 machine.
New-SPConfigurationDatabase some or all identity references could not be translated Supply values for parameter Credential
New-SPConfigurationDatabase –DatabaseName SharePoint_Config –DatabaseServer WIN-JC2B1V15KM5 –AdministrationContentDatabaseName SharePoint_Content –Passphrase (ConvertTo-SecureString Qwerty@12345 –AsPlaintext –Force) –FarmCredentials (Get-Credential) -localserverrole SingleServerFarm
When I run the above command, it will ask for credentials which should be a domain account (domain\UserName) and the domain account also should have (Dbcreator, SecurityAdmin, SysAdmin) permission in the database. But what I was giving a normal account, so the error was coming like below:
Then I gave credentials of a domain account and the error did not come. And remember to give permission to the database.
You may like following windows server tutorials:
- This edition cannot be upgraded error while upgrading to Windows server 2016 datacenter
- Windows Server 2016 no images are available
- How to install Active Directory on Windows server 2016 Step by step?
- Active Directory domain services in windows server 2016
- How to rename domain name in windows server 2016?
- What are the new features in Windows Server 2016?
- Deploy SQL Server 2016 on the Azure Portal Using Windows server 2012
- Install and Configure Workflow Manager for SharePoint 2016 in Windows Server 2012 R2 Step by Step tutorial
- Configure Active Directory Domain Service in Windows Server 2012 R2 for SharePoint 2016
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to resolve New-SPConfigurationDatabase some or all identity references could not be translated Supply values for parameter Credential error in SharePoint.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.