This SharePoint 2016 tutorial explains, how to resolve error “New-SPConfigurationDatabase some or all identity references could not be translated. Supply values for the following parameters: Credential” which comes when installing SharePoint 2016 on Windows Server R2 machine.
New-SPConfigurationDatabase some or all identity references could not be translated Supply values for parameter Credential
New-SPConfigurationDatabase –DatabaseName SharePoint_Config –DatabaseServer WIN-JC2B1V15KM5 –AdministrationContentDatabaseName SharePoint_Content –Passphrase (ConvertTo-SecureString [email protected] –AsPlaintext –Force) –FarmCredentials (Get-Credential) -localserverrole SingleServerFarm
When I run the above command, it will ask for credentials which should be a domain account (domain\UserName) and the domain account also should have (Dbcreator, SecurityAdmin, SysAdmin) permission in the database. But what I was giving a normal account, so the error was coming like below:
Then I gave credentials of a domain account and the error did not come. And remember to give permission to the database.
You may like following windows server tutorials:
- This edition cannot be upgraded error while upgrading to Windows server 2016 datacenter
- Windows Server 2016 no images are available
- What are the new features in Windows Server 2016?
- Install and Configure Workflow Manager for SharePoint 2016 in Windows Server 2012 R2 Step by Step tutorial
- Configure Active Directory Domain Service in Windows Server 2012 R2 for SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint content database tutorial
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to resolve New-SPConfigurationDatabase some or all identity references could not be translated Supply values for parameter Credential error in SharePoint.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com