In this post we will discuss how to resolve one issue related to My Site Tasks list in SharePoint 2013. SharePoint 2013 mysite tasks list has the feature to aggregate all the tasks from SharePoint and show it in mysite tasks list. In SharePoint 2013 users do not need to navigate to each tasks list in the site collection, rather MySite will show all tasked assigned to the user across all site collections.
Apart from SharePoint it also shows tasks from project server assigned to the particular user.
– How to remove duplicate web parts from web part page in SharePoint 2013 Online?
– Show paging at top in list view web part SharePoint 2013 Online using jQuery
– SharePoint 2013 Workflow suspended error An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance
Recently we face one issue in our SharePoint 2013 site, the tasks are getting created in the tasks list but when we are going to the mysite tasks list the tasks were not appearing there.
And sometime you may get the below error as well.
Sorry, we’re having trouble refreshing your tasks.
Below are the few things it should be done to make this work:
– Search Service Application
– User Profile Service Application and My Site Host.
– Work Management Service Application (Status should be Started)
All the above things are configured properly in our environment. But still users were not able to see the tasks in mysite task list.
The we see that for some reason the admin team has not configured the incremental or contineous crawling. And this is necessary for the items to show in tasks list in mysite.
When we did an incremental crawling then tasks are appeared in task list in mysite. So make sure to check then your crawling is working.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.