Report Data Source content type is missing in SharePoint 2013/2016
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to solve report data source content type missing in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016.
Report data source content type missing SharePoint 2013
As part of configuring SSRS in SharePoint 2013, we need to create a data source to create a connection string for the SSRS report. In order to do that we need to add “Report Data Source Content Type” to a document library in SharePoint 2013/2016.
The same way we can resolve the report server integration feature missing sharepoint 2016 issue. The solution will work for SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2013.
When I was trying to attach/associate Report Data Source content type to document library I don’t that as part of the list of content types at the site collection level.
Please follow the below steps to get the Report Data Source content type.
- Navigate to Site Settings
- Click on Site Collection Features
Locate the “Report Server Integration” feature deactivate and activate the feature.
Now if you try to associate the content type you can 3 new content type
- Report Builder Model
- Report Data Source
- Report Builder Report
Now you can see 3 different options when you click on a new item in the SharePoint document library.
You may like following SSRS tutorials:
- The SSRS service application proxy is not configured
- How to Configure Central Administration to Use SSRS in sharepoint 2010?
- SSRS Data Source disabled in SharePoint 2013
- The report server is unable to access encrypted data. Apply a back-up key or delete all encrypted content
- Reporting Server Integration feature missing in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Configure Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013/2016
- SharePoint 2013 Report Data Source content type is missing
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis Services Database Contact Administrator in PowerPivot in SharePoint BI services
This tutorial we learned, how to solve an error report data source content type missing SharePoint 2013/2016.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.