PSConfig Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdatedConcurrencyException Issue in SharePoint
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint PowerShell tutorial, we will discuss, how to solve psconfig an update conflict has occurred issue in SharePoint. The issue was coming when I am running the PSConfig file in SharePoint 2013.
SharePoint 2013 psconfig an update conflict has occurred
Issue “PSConfig Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration. SPUpdatedConcurrencyException”
When I was running PSConfig after installing the patches I got the below error:
This error will occur when you try to update sites, tables, and databases because of the race condition ( more than one threads access shared data and try to change it concurrently). However, this is a rare occurrence while you do the SharePoint upgrade.
To fix this concurrency issue, execute the below command in SharePoint 2013 PowerShell window.
$strCmd="start "+""""" /affinity 1 "+"""C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\BIN\Psconfig.exe""" + " -cmd" + " upgrade" + " -inplace" + " b2b" + " -wait" cmd.exe /c $strCmd
This command will ensure that it will execute the psconfig using single core affinity! Follow the below steps to verify the same:
- Open the Task Manager
- See details
- Locate the running process for Psconfig
- Right-click the process and select Set Affinity: you should see only CPU 0 selected
- Let the Psconfig process complete
Once this command is executed successfully, it will show the success message as below.
You may like following PowerShell tutorials:
- PowerShell SharePoint Commands
- Delete content type from SharePoint list using PowerShell
- Delete Hidden Web Application in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Update User Email ID using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Creating Artifacts in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Create Subsite using PowerShell in SharePoint Online
- Show hidden features in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Working with file modification time and date using PowerShell
- Get SharePoint 2013 Server Disk Space using PowerShell
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains how to solve psconfig an update conflict has occurred error.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)