When we upload the existing document in the Document Library by unchecking the override existing file we get SharePoint OOTB exception saying ”A file with the same name already exists and it was last modified by i:o#.w|domain\username.”
In this case we have to trim the i:o#.w| which is SID or represents type of authentication used.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials below:
- Various ways to add item into a SharePoint 2013 List
- Working with list Views in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2016
Refer below screenshot for clear understanding of requirement.
1. Open the sitecollection in browser. Go to SiteSetting -> MasterPage -> Check the selected Site Master Page and System Master Page.
2. Open the site in SharePoint Designer. Go to All Files -> _catalog -> masterpage.
3. Open any one of the selected master page in step 1 in advance mode.
4. Add below script before </head> tag. Check screenshot for reference.
<SharePoint:ScriptLink ID=”ScriptLink_CustomUploadpage” name=”~sitecollection/Style Library/Scripts/CustomUploadScript.js” runat=”server” LoadAfterUI=”true” Localizable=”false”/>
5. Repeat step 4 for the other master page selected in step 1.
6. Come to browser and open style library by going to site content -> style Library.
7. Upload the CustomUploadScript.js file to script folder in style library.
8. Test and Verify.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: