SharePoint 2013 Online Remove Time from All Events Calendar view
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
Here we will discuss how to remove time from All Events view in Calendar list App in SharePoint 2013 online. In Calendar list, there is two columns name as Start Time & End Time and both are Date and Time column datatype. By default when you create an event then it will appear like below where Start and End Time will have a value that contains the Date as well as Time. But according to one of my requirement user does not need the time, only they required the date.
Below is the SharePoint Online/2013 list which has the Start Time and End Time column.
There is no direct approach to remove the time from the inbuild columns. So I have created two new calculated columns for both Start Time and End Time.
Open your SharePoint Online calendar list, go to the list settings page, then Create the column to add the column.
Give a Name for the Column and then choose the Column type as Calculated Column and write the formula as:
=TEXT([Start Time],” MM/DD/YYYY”) and choose the Return Type as Date and Time. And then Choose the Date and Time Format as “Date Only”.
Similarly create another column for End Time as well. See fig below: The formula will be:
Now open the “All Events” view and deselect both “Start Time” & “End Time” columns. And select the two calculated columns that we have just created.
In my case, the column names are “Begin Time” and “Finish Time”.
Now when you open the “All Events” view you will be able to see only dates, not the time. see fig below:
You may like following SharePoint Calendar tutorials:
- Hide All Day Event Recurrence fields from a calendar in SharePoint 2013
- Change calendar event background color in SharePoint 2013
- Create Color coded calendar in SharePoint 2013
- Create Calendar Overlays Using Single Calendar App in SharePoint 2013 Online
- Create Calendar Overlays Using Multiple Calendar Apps in SharePoint 2013 Online
- SharePoint Online Add Calendar Month Week and Day view as Hyperlink
- Display the Calendar Using Jquery Full Calendar and SharePoint Rest API
- Working with SharePoint Calendar in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- SharePoint Online Group Calendar Web Part Tutorial
Hope this SharePoint Online tutorial explains how to remove time from SharePoint 2013 Online Calendar view.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)