SharePoint 2013: Logs for Analyzing or troubleshooting the issues related to workflows or Workflow Manager
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
If you get any errors while publishing SharePoint Designer workflows (or) trying to access the workflow management site from IIS (or) while starting any workflow throws an error, we can troubleshoot the issue by checking any the exception in the ULS Logs.
And we can check in Event viewer, where the workflow related issues are logged in SharePoint server.
Check SharePoint workflow errors in Event Viewer
Go to Event Viewer (Window +R, then type eventvwr in the run box)
Go to Applications and Services Log.
Go to Microsoft-workflow.
Click -> Operation, which will list issues related to Workflow management Service.
If you did not any relevant issues logged, right click in the event window and select View->Show Analytic & debug logs.
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- Impersonation step missing in SharePoint 2013 Workflow
- [Video Tutorial] Deploy SharePoint Designer Workflow into Production in SharePoint Online/2013
- SharePoint designer workflow examples Create workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 video tutorial
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- SharePoint Hosted Add-in: Send Email using visual studio workflow
- Packaging and Deploying in SharePoint 2013 designer workflow
- SharePoint Site Workflow: Initiation forms parameters examples
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, Logs for Analyzing or troubleshooting the issues related to workflows or Workflow Manager in SharePoint 2013.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.