This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to do list view item filtering based on query string parameters. We will learn, list view advanced filtering based on query string in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
In SharePoint, by default when you open AllItem.aspx page for any list or library it will come like below:
But you can do some more advanced filtering by passing, field, and value in the browser as a query string parameter in the SharePoint list.
?FilterField1=[Internal Field Name]&FilterValue1=[Value to filter]
Let us say I have a SharePoint list which has two fields/columns as Title and Country like below:
Now to filter the list items based on query string we can write URL like
Your URL looks like below:
Here FilterField1 is to give the Column name and FilterValue1 is the value to filter. Here you can use operators like:
Or you can also write like below:
The results will appear like below:
If you want to filter on multiple values then you can pass values separated by a semicolon(;). See like below:
The URL Looks like below:
Here we are trying to filter records whose Country is IN and SL. So the results will appear like below:
Remember here the filter column name is the internal name of the column, not the display name.
You can add up to 10 FilterField and FilterValue like below:
You can also filter SharePoint list items filter items based on wildcard characters like below:
You may like following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- How to Change Look and Feel of SharePoint Site
- SharePoint 2013 Add Recycle Bin link in the quick launch
- Left Navigation or Quick Launch Customization or Branding using CSS in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Customize suite bar in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Create Navigation with managed metadata service SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Add Top Navigation Link to a Site Using REST API
- Create a custom master page using Design Manager in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Implement Custom SuiteBarBranding Delegate Control in SharePoint 2013
- JQuery accordion using content search web part in SharePoint server 2013
- Creating a fixed width master page in SharePoint 2013
- Accordion Style Left Navigation using JQuery and CSS in SharePoint 2010
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, how to implement List View Item filtering based on Query String parameter value in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)