When you select page the URL Parameters for Site Pages, in that page you write REST API jquery and after adding in script editor if you save page API does not work after saving because of Minimal Download Strategy Site Features Active.
After adding in script editor Before saving Page:
To validate if everything was working correctly, deactivate the MDS Feature and access to a SharePoint Page.
Go to SharePoint site Settings -> Manage Site Features – > Find Minimal Download Strategy Feature – > Click on Deactivate.
After access the SharePoint page you will be able to see the URL change, it’s not calling “_layouts/15/start.aspx#/” but the correct Page “/sitesPages//POCForDropDown.aspx” and the Ribbon Load correctly.
You may like following SharePoint Rest API tutorials:
- SharePoint 2016 crud operations using Rest API and jQuery on list or document library
- Send Email with jQuery and REST API in SharePoint
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- Display SharePoint list item attachments using REST API and jQuery in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- SharePoint Rest API Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.InvalidClientQueryException The expression is not valid. Bad Request
- SharePoint rest api synchronous call using deferred promise and then Example
- Create and delete a file using Rest API in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Create, Update and Delete SharePoint List Item using Rest API
- Get list items using Rest API in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Access Rest API using Postman in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Send email using rest api using SharePoint online/2013/2016
After this, the Rest API code will work after saving the page.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.