This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to fix a SharePoint 2013 IE 11 issue. The issue comes in IE 11 only not in any browser. Recently one user was getting the below error while opening a SharePoint 2013 site in IE 11 in a virtual machine. The error coming was:
An error occurred with data fetch. Please refresh the page and retry.
Just to let you know that the issue was coming in one user who was checking in IE 11 in a Virtual Machine on a windows 8.1 laptop. Also after refreshing continuously the error will go, but when user tries to edit the page, the ribbon is greyed out like below:
SharePoint 2013 IE 11 issue An error has occurred with the data fetch
To solve the issue, below are a few things which you can try out.
Open IE browser then go to Tools (Alt+T) -> Compatibility View Setting -> Then add the site there to be displayed in Compatibility View.
Option-2: [This option worked for us]
Go to Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted Sites. Then click on Sites button and Add the site there.
Open IE, then go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced and then Uncheck Enable DOM storage in security tab.
If you are using the custom master page?
If you have created any custom master page for the same site. Verify the below tag:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10" />
And replace with below tag:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE10" />
Here, we learned how to fix error, SharePoint 2013 IE 11 issue An error has occurred with the data fetch. Please refresh the page and retry.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer in SharePoint
- SharePoint supported browsers
- Only secure content is displayed error in SharePoint Online page viewer web part
- A text field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again. Undefined
- Sign in as different user is missing in SharePoint
- An error has occurred with the data fetch. Please refresh the page and retry SharePoint 2013 IE 11 issue
- SharePoint 2013 Image was not appearing in IE but appearing in Chrome and Firefox
- Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded while downloading SharePoint server 2016 in IE
- You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page
- The specified file is not a valid spreadsheet or contains no data to import SharePoint 2016
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.