When I was trying to extract the solution from SharePoint 2013/2016, the status of solution showing as “retracting” forever and ever. SharePoint 2013 solution stuck retracting and not able to retract solution in SharePoint 2013.
SharePoint 2013 farm solution stuck retracting
In SharePoint deploying, a solution and retracting solution depends on “Timer Service” and “SharePoint Web Services Root” application pool in IIS.
Please ensure the below:
- “SharePoint Web Services Root” application pool is running in IIS
- Restart the “SharePoint Timer Service” as part of services
- And execute STSADM command to run all pending timer jobs
Timer Services as part of services.msc:
STSADM command to run all the pending timer jobs
stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs
Once you change these setting do an IISRESET and try to add the solution, this time it will work seamlessly.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Alternate Access Mapping in SharePoint 2016
- Delete Hidden Web Application in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Update People Picker Group field using Rest API and jQuery in SharePoint 2013/2016
- SSRS version conflict issue in SharePoint2013
- Configure Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2012
- Recycle IIS Application pool: The local SharePoint server is not available
- SharePoint 2013 Add Recycle Bin link in the quick launch
- Customize suite bar in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Design manager is missing in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Configure the Secure Store Service in SharePoint 2013
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to solve SharePoint 2013/2016 farm solution stuck retracting error.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.