This SharePoint tutorial, we will learn how to fix the error, sharepoint 2013 failed to find the XML file at location ’15 template features.
Recently while trying to open the workflow manager page like below I face an error:
The error message came as:
Sorry, Something Went Wrong
Failed to find the XML file at location ’15\Template\Features\ReviewWorkflows\ReviewFeedback.xml’
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: 1429499d-0ecf-a03f-6251-ca9d7c46dd0f
Date and Time: 12/7/2015 11:00:47 PM
Our site is migrated from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013 using database upgrade approach. We tried to access our other front-end server and in two servers it worked fine. But in one server it was not working fine.
sharepoint 2013 failed to find the xml file at location ’15 template features
I checked in 15\Template\Features\ReviewWorkflows\ folder and ReviewFeedback.xml is there in that location in all the servers.
Then I checked in the ULS log for the particular Correlation ID (You can check to Get Error Details based on Correlation ID from ULS Logs in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell) and I found below error message also:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\Template\Features\ReviewWorkflows\ReviewFeedback.xml
So I went to this folder in one server and I checked that the file is not there. I put the file in that server and its working fine.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration
- Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft step by step
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration Blog
- SharePoint 2013 migration issues File not found and 404 not found issue
- SharePoint 2013 approval workflow template missing after migration
- Document library checkboxes missing after migration from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2010 to 2013 migration Custom New Folder in Ribbon Disabled
- Office 365 SharePoint Easy Migration
- Approaches for migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- Migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013 challenges tips to know
- Lookup is not appearing in SharePoint 2013 after migrating from MOSS 2007
This tutorial, we learned how to fix error, sharepoint 2013 failed to find the xml file at location ’15 template features.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.