This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to fix SharePoint 2013 error which comes while opening a SharePoint 2013 site.
The resource cannot be found in SharePoint
Recently while opening a SharePoint 2013 subsite from a site collection, I got the below error:
Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
The site URL was like below:
I have checked the Home.aspx page under the Pages directory, it was presented there and also it is published also. But still, the error was coming.
Then we found out that the Home page was using a page layout and the page layout was checked out by another user. When I try to discard check out, it gave me an error that says the pagelayoutname.aspx page is not exist.
Then I copy the page layout from my old environment and I paste it in the new environment. Check out and publish the page layout in a major version and then it started working.
Sometime also you will see if the master page you are using if it is not there, it will give the same error.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Sorry something went wrong the file masterurl custom.master is not a valid master page
- View ULS Logs using SharePoint Log Viewer
- Troubleshoot and get the actual error in SharePoint
- Enable anonymous access in SharePoint
- Enable or Disable List Throttling using PowerShell in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2013 Article Pages showing HTML tags
- the server could not complete your request sharepoint designer 2013
- Redirect user to another page in SharePoint
- Rss viewer webpart in sharepoint
- The requested page cannot be viewed because it is not configured properly SharePoint
- SharePoint 2013 Image was not appearing in IE but appearing in Chrome and Firefox
- add an app page showing loading SharePoint
Here, we learned how to fix error Server Error in ‘/’ Application. The resource cannot be found. HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.