This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss, how to disable the windows authentication prompt which we usually got while opening a SharePoint site.
If you are working in your local system and every time it is asking for username and password it is better to save the authentication so that it will not ask repeatedly.
Disable Windows Authentication prompt in SharePoint
Follow below steps to disable windows authentication prompt in SharePoint 2013/2016.
- Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools -> Internet options.
- Then in the Internet Options dialog box, click on the “Security” tab.
- Then click on “Local Intranet” -> Custom level..
- This will open the Security Settings – Local Intranet Zone.
- There scroll down to end you will find “User Authentication” and then Login.
- Here choose the radio button “Automatically login with current username and password”.
- Click OK.
Then restart your IE browser.
Now it should not ask you to enter windows credentials details.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint Online Migration Steps using Metalogix tool
- Browsers Supported in SharePoint online SharePoint 2016/2013
- Only secure content is displayed error in SharePoint Online page viewer web part
- Sign in as different user is missing in SharePoint 2016/2013
- SharePoint 2013 Image was not appearing in IE but appearing in Chrome and Firefox
- Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded while downloading SharePoint server 2016 in IE
- You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page
- The specified file is not a valid spreadsheet or contains no data to import sharepoint 2016
- An error has occurred with the data fetch. Please refresh the page and retry SharePoint 2013 IE 11 issue
Here, we learned how to disable the Windows Authentication prompt in SharePoint 2013/2016 in Internet explorer.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.