SharePoint 2013 Developer Site Template overview
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
In this SharePoint 2013 tutorial, we explore a new template in SharePoint 2013, known as the developer site templates. This site template is focused on Apps for Office development or Apps for SharePoint 2013.
Developers can build, test and publish their apps here. Here you can deploy apps for SharePoint from Visual Studio 2013 to the developer site and you don’t need to create an App Catalog site since the developer site template by default creates an App Catalog library. The developer template is available under the collaboration site template.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
How to create a site using the developer site template?
Why to create an App?
If you are planning to do remote development/deployment like in the cases were VS2012 / VS2013 and SharePoint 2013 are not installed on the same computer you will be needing a root site collection created using Developer Site Template. (If VS2012 and SharePoint 2013 are on the same computer this is not a requirement).
1. What Remote Development and Deployment?
Yes you heard it right VS2012 and VS2013 support the deploying of sandbox solutions to a remote SharePoint site. When you create a SharePoint 2013 Project using VS2012/VS2013, you will get an option to publish to a remote SharePoint Site when you right click on the SharePoint Project as shown below:
Remote Publishing from Visual Studio 2012
2. Publishing App in App Catalog
Upload the app file to a Developer Site of SharePoint 2013 in the “Apps in Testing” Library.
Here learned, SharePoint 2013 Developer Site Template overview.
You may like following SharePoint Apps tutorials:
- Display SharePoint List Items in Hyperlink in SharePoint Hosted Add-in or Apps
- Sorry, something went wrong. Sorry, this site can’t be saved as a template. It contains apps that don’t work in templates
- SharePoint Hosted Apps: Create Choice Type Column in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Create Calendar Overlays Using Multiple Calendar Apps in SharePoint 2013 Online
- Set up an On-Premise development environment for SharePoint Add-in or Apps developement in SharePoint
- Display Power BI Report in SharePoint Online (using iFrame and Provider Hosted Apps)
- Error occurred in deployment step Install SharePoint Add-in Sideloading of apps is not enabled on this site
- Generate .app file for SharePoint Apps using MSBuild and Visual Studio
- Steps to Create Azure Webapps and Download Publish Profile in Windows Azure
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.